- DAWN URBAN
CLASS EXPECTATIONS AND RULES
For students to understand the importance of physical fitness, to remain
physically active for life, and to be healthy individuals.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION STANDARDS:
- Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Participates regularly in physical activity.
- Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
- Be on time for class
- Do not bring cell phones to physical education class
- You will not need your chromebooks in physical education unless
requested by the teacher
- To be prepared to perform in all activities in class
- Improve Fitness level.
- To be physically active
- Understand basic rules of various sports and practice the skills required
in these games
- Show positive personal conduct, sportsmanship, etc.
- Display respect for self and others
- Follow directions and rules of activities in class
- No swearing, name calling, teasing, etc.
- Pay attention
- Students must have appropriate attire or they will not be permitted to
participate. Appropriate attire includes the following: t-shirt, shorts,
sweatshirt, sweatpants, socks and tennis shoes.
- Tennis shoes should be clean and non-marking.
- NO Tennis shoes = NO participation!
- NO RIPPED SLEEVELESS SHIRTS!!
GRADING AND GRADING SCALE:
- Grading will be based on the following: dressed for class, participation in
warm-up and all class activities, skills demonstrations or tests, and written quizzes or tests.
- Grading Scale:
93 - 100 = A
90 - 92 = A-
89 - 87 = B+
86 - 83 = B
82 - 80 = B-
79 - 77 = C+
76 - 73 = C
72 - 70 = C-
69 - 67 = D+
66 - 63 = D
62 - 60 = D-
< 60 = F
- Daily performance testing points are awarded each class day
- Any class time missed needs to be made up within 2 weeks.
- Disruptive behavior or horse play will not be tolerated.
- Behavior problems will lead to the following:
- verbal warning
- loss of daily points and a write - up
- kicked out of class
** any further behavior problems could lead to a removal from class