Auburndale Elementary Character Words
The district phrase of the year, preparing students for what comes next, is our overarching focus for the 2020-21 school year. Our school community will focus on preparing for what comes next. In the elementary school we also have a Character Word of the Month which students will learn about in lessons, books, skits, conversations, morning announcements, etc. The words are very important to becoming the best you can be and growing up to be a good person. We are very proud of learning not only the academics at Auburndale Elementary School but how to have good character!
District Phrase of the Year: Preparing students for what comes next!
- September - Respect: Treat others the way you want to be treated
- October - Responsibility: Be accountable for your behavior and belongings (actions)
- November - Citizenship: Be involved in your school and community
- December - Friendship: Treat others with kindness
- January - Self Discipline: Have control over your actions and emotions
- February - Fairness: Cooperate with each other treat others equally
- March - Perseverance: Keep working hard towards your goal
- April - Courage: Do the right thing and don’t follow the crowd, even when it is difficult
- May - Honesty: Tell the truth and admit when you are wrong
(Words and descriptions courtesy of Arboretum Elementary School, Waunakee Wisconsin)