The Safety Coordinator works with both the instructional and non-instructional areas of the school to develop and promote well-planned safety programs for all students, staff and all others involved with the district.
QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree and/or experience or specialized training in building/personnel safety.
REPORTS TO: District Administrator
1. Provide the leadership and direction to develop, implement, and oversee a sound district safety program.
2. Organize and direct a school district safety committee to develop, review, and assess school safety programs and procedures. Serve as a resource to the safety committee.
3. Provide the leadership and direction for staff in the development of safety curriculum goals and standards.
4. Oversee planning and implementation of in-servicing of school personnel on various safety topics.
5. Assist in procurement, distribution and use of safety curriculum materials and supplemental aids.
6. Help prepare, edit and publish safety education bulletins, guides, courses of study, pamphlets, audio/visual and other materials.
7. Work cooperatively with federal, state, and local agencies to insure district compliance with safety codes.
8. Review data from safety inspections and accident reports and insure implementation of recommendations.
9. Maintain a standardized record keeping system for all accidents with periodic review and follow-up.
10. Insure district-wide compliance with Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) requirements.
11. Assist building principals with monthly fire drills.
12. Assist the Director of Finance in the development of a budget for school safety.
13. Act as the spokesperson for the school safety program.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Approved: August 21, 1995
Revised: April 22, 2008